Many roads around Putney Embankment are closed to general traffic on the day of the race and road access to the river declines as you move further towards the start. If you do decide to drive to the Women’s Head, please car pool if possible and allow extra time to get from your parking spot to the river.
Planning your trip
The following post codes can be used to plan your journey by public transport to the more popular viewing spots. Please keep in mind that these post codes will often put you near the course, but may be a short walk away from the river. If you are a visiting crew, you should contact your TIdeway host club for detailed directions to their location.
The start in Mortlake: SW14 7QR
- Rail station: Mortlake (5-min walk)
- Tube station: Hammersmith, with onward journey by bus
The middle in Hammersmith: W6 9TA
- Rail station: Barnes, with onward journey by bus
- Tube station: Hammersmith (10-min walk or onward journey by bus)
The finish in Putney: SW15 1LB
- Rail station: Putney (10-min walk) or Barnes (15-min walk or onward journey by bus)
- Tube station: Putney Bridge (7-min walk or onward journey by bus) or East Putney (15-min walk)
The Transport for London journey planner offers information on a variety of public transport options including buses. Additional information on rail services in the area can be found on the South West Trains website. Please consult the websites above to ensure the stations of your choice have step-free access if required.
See our Watching the Race page for more information on choosing the best vantage point.